Recent Revelations in Miami-Dade Transgender Woman's Killing

Recent Revelations in Miami-Dade Transgender Woman’s Killing

A 25-year-old man, who was apprehended last month in Broward County for the alleged fatal shooting of a transgender woman, was relocated on Tuesday to Miami-Dade’s Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center.

Anthony Quinn Peyton is currently facing a second-degree murder charge in connection with the passing of London Price in northwest Miami-Dade. He was taken into custody on October 30 in Fort Lauderdale.

As per Miami-Dade police, surveillance footage captured the moments following the tragic shooting on October 23 outside an apartment on Northwest 93rd Street. The video shows a man fleeing the scene with a firearm in hand. Authorities believe this individual to be Peyton.

According to his arrest warrant, a witness informed detectives that Peyton and Price had a disagreement that day, leading to a physical altercation inside Price’s apartment. The witness stated that Peyton produced a gun from his waistband and struck Price in the face with it.

The warrant further states that the witness attempted to intervene as the altercation continued in the bathroom, but she fell to the floor and heard a gunshot. She reported seeing Price collapse to the ground while Peyton fled the apartment.

A report from the medical examiner confirmed that Price succumbed to a single gunshot wound to the head.

A woman named Nedra Allen, identified Price as her niece and mentioned that Price was 26 years old. Allen also revealed that Price was a transgender woman.

The family identified Peyton as Price’s ex-boyfriend and the perpetrator of the crime before the police officially announced it. Price’s mother, Danielle Price Lindsey, informed that Peyton was not on good terms with his parents, so her daughter “provided this person with a place to stay so they could have a home.”

Neighbors reported hearing the two arguing about three weeks before the shooting, which aligns with Allen’s statement that she was supposed to “come take her away from that.”

Records indicate that Peyton had been arrested for violent incidents twice the previous year, but the charges were eventually dropped.

Price’s mother stated that her daughter had moved to Miami in order to “improve her life” and was employed at the Apple store at the Miami International Airport.

As of Wednesday, Peyton was being held without bond at TGK.